segunda-feira, 26 de setembro de 2016

FEELING MYSELF AGAIN

After being 9 months pregnant, your body changing each month and you having to adapt as you go...you feel different, you don't feel like you used to.
Your whole life and everything you knew changes. And yes, a big part of it changing so much is because of this tiny human you are growing inside of you and raising after he is born, but lets talk about another major part, which is how you feel (because that's also VERY important).
While pregnant you start not fitting in your clothes and none of the maternity wear is your style or sexy enough or cheap enough for you to buy several outfits. Maybe you can afford one pair of maternity pants, one pair of shorts and two or five sweaters. And lets face it, that's not enough for you to feel like you aren't wearing the same shit every single day.
Also, lets not sugarcoat this, after the baby is born, this will not get better, at least not fast enough. The first solid month you are a mess, specially if you are breastfeeding. It's an adjustment, from a life with no baby to a breast-out-at-all-times life. And you are still bleeding down there (sorry if this is TMI but if you're a mother you understand), and your boobs are always rigid and sore and dripping, and even when you manage to shower you stay clean for about five minutes if that because the baby will spill milk all over you. Basically, as I said, you're a mess. I'm a mess.
I had a good pregnancy, and I didn't gain a lot of weight, which means that right after I had him I was only 3kg over my pre pregnancy weight, which is great! But that doesn't mean I could fit in my old clothes, that doesn't mean I liked my old clothes, because now I feel different and maybe I want to dress differently. Weight doesn't mean shit if you don't feel good bout yourself, if you don't feel good in your own body.
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my son and all the moments I get to spend with him, including breastfeeding, but besides being a mom I am also a woman and of course sometimes I want to feel sexy, I want to be intimate with my baby daddy, and it's difficult when your body is not the same, and I don't feel like myself.
Like everything in life: "This too shall pass!".
bleep.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário