quinta-feira, 28 de julho de 2016

Pregnancy/Labor opinions - Not everyone is the same

Being pregnant was never what I expected it to be. You hear stories and get expectations about pretty much everything in life, and when everyone tells you that it's going to be crappy, from,nausea to cramps to smelly feet and swelling of the feet, you think "well that might not be the case with me". And boy was I right. I like being right, of course, but in this case in particular I was REALLY happy I was. Because when I found out I was pregnant last September, I was not looking forward to all those negative things. For me it was only that I got tired easily, had to drink more water and have healthier eating habits, and of course the not reaching your smelly feet to wash them in the last two months or so. Yes, I had smelly feet, bit only because I could not wash them properly. Getting in the bathtub was trouble on its own.
And just like pregnancy's expectations weren't even close to my experience, labor expectations weren't either.
I has heard from many points of view what it would be like, and I cared for none of them. I thought each and every women is different and as a result, each experience is different. And boy, was I right once again... My labor wasn't even like you see in movies where the lady is having lunch out alone after a shopping day (wearing heals btw) and her water breaks and she has to rush to the hospital, call the husband, etc. No sir. My baby wasn't interested in coming out into the world. He, like many other babies, had to be forced out. Which means several things: For one, you at least know When it's going to happen, but you don't know How or What happens. Then you have the waiting, the anxiety sinks in just when you are all alone in your room waiting for the contractions to come closer together. And after all the waiting and you are ready for delivering this baby to the world, like a smack in the face, the pain that is somewhat lesser than because of the epidural (thank the heavens for the epidural) starts to hit you, and the panic that you can't control hits you, and all the bad thoughts you ever had about yourself and your capability hits you just about when you have to push or they will tear you apart to take him out. Lets not get into detail before you get scared for life and like I said, each women is different so each experience is different, so don't take my word for it when I say that labor is shit and that it's not a fairytale and no, it doesn't go all away when you see his little face for the first time, even though I wish it did. It all goes away eventually, when it sinks in, when most of the pain is gone, but not immediately unfortunately. But hey, this is just my experience ;)
He is now five and a half weeks old, and he's the most precious thing I ever could have imagined. My beautiful little chipmunk. 😍
bleep.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário