quinta-feira, 26 de maio de 2016

Coming Home #1

Today is a slow day, I officially was told to rest a lot at home and don't walk a lot by the doctor, so even more now my day is being filled with tv, youtube, books, cats and food. Youtube reminded me of the feeling of coming home after a long time away, which I had the experience of back in 2014 when I went away to Barcelona for a summer internship. Wow, that was a long time ago now that I think of it. And normally when you think about stuff that was a very long time ago, you just remember some parts because they stuck with you, they were important or branded you somehow.
Well, for me, those two months stuck really hard on my brain because I remember a substancial amount of stuff that happened.
I remember the lonely subway rides back and forth,
I remember the staying late at work because I had no one home expecting me,
I remember all the skype calls with no sound because I had no microphone,
I remember going to fnac and spending way too much time there looking at books and buying a headset with mike,
I remember the plane ride to and from there, two completely different experiences,
I remember my mom calling me and telling me grandma had gone to meet grandpa in heaven,
I remember riding a rented bike in the only rainy day ever in summery barcelona,
I remember crying my eyes out several times because I missed everyone,
I remember going to the supermarket and being asked my i.d.,
I remember being hot as hell,
I remember burning my fingers really bad and I remember the pain,
I remember working listening to radio in spanish,
I remember giving someone directions,
I remember going to a landmark and staring outside because it was expensive,
I remember volunteering at a cat shelter because I missed my cats so badly,
I remember eating pasta with cheese or grilled cheese everyday,
I remember drinking a lot of cold green tea, ´
I remember my mom's friend picking me up at the airport and treating me to lunch,
I remember cleaning my clothes,
I remember staying up till 5a.m. and going to the balcony and feeling the fresh air and watching people walk their dogs, and coming home from parties, and watering their plants and smoking at their balconies,
I remember going to walk without destination and finding an amazing ice tea place and from then on visiting it regularly,
I remember almost buying a bike,
I remember giving a cupcake to someone who had brighten up my day,
I remember especially, besides all these things, the day I left:
I remember packing the night before and skype calling my beautiful boyfriend,
I remember not being able to sleep with anxiety,
I remember leaving the house at 4a.m. and taking that monster of a bag being a nightmare,
I remember arriving at the airport,
I remember my flight being delayed an hour,
I remember being nervous,
I remember eating at the airport for an incredibly exaggerated amount of money,
I remember my heart pumping all the way since I entered the plane until I saw them,
I remember the aisle from the place you pick up your bags to the place where the families wait,
I remember seeing them for the first time in months,
I remember wanting to jump to them and hug them and never let go,
I remember leaving my cart with the bags and running to hug them,
I remember kissing my boyfriend, an intense kiss,
I remember how it felt different because I hadn't feel it in so long,
I remember hugging him being kinda weird because he was just a face in a screen for two months,
I remember crying because I was so happy to see them,
I remember every feeling from that moment as it was yesterday,
I remember it being like it went on forever.

bleep.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário