domingo, 1 de maio de 2016

Mother, Oh Mother.

Today is mother's day here in Portugal. For those of you reading this that don't already know, I am pregnant :) I am currently at 33 weeks and 4 days, which is approximately 8 months and one week, which means I am almost there.
Symptoms so far I would say that cramps and discomfort is the worse part. But the best part is feeling him move, hearing his heartbeat, seeing him in the ultrasounds. The first time I heard his heartbeat I didn't know he was a he, but I got emotional and teared up a little bit. The first time I felt him move, was really soft and I wasn't sure it was him moving or hunger or something else, but as it progressed I realized it was him, like a little snake movement at the bottom of the belly. Then he would move when he heard his dad's voice, which I thought was adorable. Then we went on vacation and that's when my belly started showing, at about 22 weeks. One day we were laying in bed and I felt him move a lot so I uncovered my belly so John could see, and we actually could see him move around, it was so exciting and reassuring. I swear I never felt so excited. I had already feel him move, but John could rarely feel it because he would stop the second dad put his hand on my belly. So this moment where John could be apart of what I was going through was really exciting and emotional for me.
Some days John puts lotion on my belly, because I seriously hate the feeling of lotion on my hands, and he feels him move and he puts his mouth against my belly and talks nonsense to the baby and he kicks, like they are bonding already. At these moments, I don't feel so alone. I know I am never alone now, but I really want John to be apart of this.
I realize this post is just me ranting about my pregnancy, but that's my life now, being off work for a month now and always kind of alone, talking becomes a rarity in my days, except if you count talking to my cats. They do respond, but we never understand completely each other which is kinda maddening.
This is a photo of me at 22 weeks, and at 32 weeks.

bleep. :)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário