quarta-feira, 27 de abril de 2016

May I, I May...

May is coming, and it is an important month, specially this year. It's Mother's Day, It's my mom's birthday, my aunt's birthday, my grandma and uncle's birthdays, and also the final month of my pregnancy.
I remember taking the test and founding out I was pregnant back in September, I remember freaking out, I remember telling my family, and my boyfriend, I remember all the reactions, I remember my sister telling me she was also pregnant a few months later, I remember founding out I was having a boy, I remember founding out my sister was having a girl, I remember founding out my cousin was pregnant too, and I remember being happy. But I also remember the freaking out part, that didn't fade away completely unfortunately.
And the date becoming so close, and all the preparations needing to be ready asap, and all the pressure to do well, the freaking out is returning. Finding a day care place is hard, and I do not know how to handle it properly. Washing all the baby clothes and toys and bed wear, and ironing it all, makes me scared because I am not a person who irons, let alone a person who when tries to iron, irons well. But I also don't want to depend on my boyfriend's mom to do it, even though she doesn't mind, because I feel like I should do these things.
Even tho I know that when I start working again I will not have the power of will, neither the patience to iron when I get home on top of all the other things I will have to do. I know my mom and other moms did it, but let us be honest, they weren't cooks that worked nonstop for eight plus hours standing up. I am not under valuating their work of course, and I know efforts should be made for one's child. But ironing, must it be one of them?
May I be a mother, a good mother, and also be a woman who works hard, plays with my baby, feeds him, washs the clothes but doesn't iron? I May.
bleep.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário