domingo, 7 de setembro de 2014

My first Entry should be this

Well, hello whoever is reading this, I am Rita.

I love five things:
my family,
my boyfriend (which is cheating since he's kinda my family too),
cats (my own and every cat else in the WORLD!) ,
baking,
and books!

I would like to start fresh, so if you start reading any of my posts, just pretend it all started here, because I do not want to start a different blog.

I want this to be about the things I love.

I am going to start off by introducing the first book I read, the first book I loved reading, and my favorite book so far.

THE 1ST I READ


This book was written in portuguese, obviously, but it is named originally Goddess of the Night. I was excited to read it, because I never really wanted to read before, I didn't like it and this book caught my eye, it was my sister's and she only had three of the series. Still I read all three and enjoyed it. Not really because of the story but because I wasn't losing patience while reading, which I usually did. I don't remember the exact age I was when I read it, but I know it was when I had a bunk bed and my other sister was old enough for her own bed, so must have been when I was about 13 or 14 years young.

THE 1ST I LOVED


Yes, I am a fan of the hunger games trilogy, and yes, I loved all three books. Now, don't judge. But who didn't tear up or open their mouth in sock on the last page of every book?! I know I did.
I saw the movie before I read the book.

I should say I have a strong opinion about reading books that have movies or seeing movies that I've read the book. a) I do not watch movies that I've read the book or that I plan to read the book, as b) I don't read books I saw the movies first.

Examples of both:
a) The Great Gatsby, I want to read the book, I've started reading it and had to stop because I wanted to be in a different mood reading it.
 
b) Harry Potter Series - I was way too young to read the books, I saw the movies first and could never read them, once I tried to read the 5th one and could finish.

But this one was the exception, I decided that I liked the movie too much not to know what it would happen in the next movies, so I read the book, and then read the second, and then the third, and then the first one again.
I have read them several times and I still love them, my favorite? Can't tell, I have to read them again.

THE FAVORITE


I can honestly say this is the best book I've read yet. I follow Carrie Fletcher or ItsWayPastMyBedTime on Youtube, and she recommended this book along with several other books in one of her videos, I don't remember which one, and I went on amazon, as one do, search and look at books and see which ones to wishlist. This one entered and later went to my basket and into my home. I chose it mainly because I was curious about the story and I LOVED the cover. I went on reading it I think four times now, I kinda lost track of how many times I've read it. It really helped me through a rough path and I like reading it and remembering that things can change because I am not the person I was when I first read it.


I hope you liked this one, and if you have any comments about the books, or book recommendations, feel free :)
And if I am talking to my future self only, I am sorry you are the only one reading this, I know you agree with me, or not.

bleep.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário