terça-feira, 29 de dezembro de 2015

Teen Years

I think the teenager part of my life is over...That's not a bad thing, there were many undesirable parts in there, but of course it had its moments.
I would say I had a pretty difficult time being a teenager. I had friends, then I had none, then I had some again, then I had to leave them for another school...All this meant I had a lot of free time to be with the most important person in each persons life, themselves, myself. I got to know what I like, what I don't like, and most importantly, I had time to read, and I read a lot, I had a lot of time, free periods, between classes, ride bus home... I decided to read classics and teen books, maybe books that would help me get through what seemed the most difficult part of my life. There were several which inspired me, but there were some in particular that really helped me. They didn't make me change or anything, they just made me feel like I could make it through this, and they made me feel better. One of them, was actually the first book I read as a teen, and it was "Grow up" by Ben Brooks. It's about a boy who is different and does unexpected things and is crazy, and I could relate. Another book who made me feel like things could get better was "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" by Stephen Chrosby . It's about a boy who is special and has trouble making friends. Later on, I read "Solitaire" by Alive Oseman, it's about a girl who has trouble making friends in school. They are all similar, but not at all. I made this post in the hopes I can help any teenager out there that is not going through happy phase, and just to encourage you to try, just try. Because I know it's hard, I know you'll cry, but if you just try, maybe it will get better, like it did for me.
And if you want to know, now, all those things that seem to matter, and ruin my day, just aren't important anymore. And I wish you good luck.
bleep.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário